Welcome to my blog! I’m so happy you’re here, and I can’t wait to get acquainted. After a season of loss, I’m more passionate than ever about living each day to its fullest. I see my blog as a virtual coffee date, the chance to engage with friends in real, meaningful conversation about all that gives us hope and strength and joy.
So, let me introduce myself with a series of random facts:
- Since early childhood, my identity has been deeply rooted in faith, but I’m still learning what it means to walk with Jesus every day.
- As a third-generation Wyoming native, the grit and independence of my pioneer forebears is indelibly stamped in my DNA. My husband once described me to a stranger as a “sturdy woman.” He meant it as a compliment, I’m sure.
- I was a child bride. Well, maybe not technically a child, but a very young adult. Age 18, to be precise. As a side note, my husband is a very patient man.
- Although my husband and I are both on our first marriage, we have a blended family. I gave birth to three amazing humans – Lindsey, Luke and Leah. While we were growing our own family, we were also houseparents at a children’s home and some of the kids who lived with us then were forever grafted into our hearts. We call them our “chosen” children. Every Thanksgiving, the whole growing tribe comes home and it’s the happiest time of the year.
- I have loved language and words since I first learned to read. I grew up on my brothers’ Hardy Boy mysteries (Nancy Drew was such a wimp!) and every single one of Walter Farley’s Black Stallion books. I was a good kid, but if I got in trouble, it was usually for reading when I should have been doing something else, like sleeping or chores.
- My all-time favorite books are The Velveteen Rabbit and To Kill a Mockingbird.
- My feels run deep beneath the skin. Writing is the most reliable way I know to bring them to the surface.
- I adore fashion, but my style has two distinct personalities. One is classic elegance and the other is cowgirl comfort. So, if I pair cowboy boots with an art deco necklace, please try to understand.
- This is not my natural hair color. Well, actually, it was once, but that was a long time ago. One of these days, I’m going to take the plunge and go gray. I’ll invite you along for the journey, ‘cause I’m gonna need your support.
- My eighty-something-year-old mother lives with us. She is one of the loveliest humans I know, and she still tells me to be careful crossing the street.
- I’ve come full circle. From stay-at-home mother of young children, to career professional, and now to stay-at-home caretaker again. It’s all good.
- My life verse is Micah 6:8: “He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.”